Sunday 19 February 2012

Alvechurch and All Oaks

To Alvechurch today for a boat test.  For some reason, the sat nav took me there via the M6 and M42, and back using the M42, the M40, and the A46.  Either way, it's a drive of about 45 minutes.  It was beautifully sunny as I left Brinklow with hardly a cloud in the sky.  But as I approached Alvechurch there were signs that it had been snowing.  It was also a bit more cloudy, although we still had enough sunny spells for the photos.

I don't usually say anything about the boats tested until they appear in the magazine, but someone has already let the cat out of the bag!


After Sunday lunch at The Weighbridge, I headed back to Briar Rose.  It was still lovely and sunny, so I made a quick decision to head out of the marina for the night.  I got some ropes out, disconnected the shoreline, did the engine checks, and was soon reversing off the pontoon.  I felt I was getting a few strange looks from other moorers -- after all, who heads out at 4.15 on a Sunday afternoon?


I wasn't sure which way to go right up until I got out to the canal, when I decided to turn left aiming for All Oaks Wood.  The sun was low in the sky and it was chilly, but it was nice to be out of the marina.  I went past the moorings, turned around at the former Brinklow Arm, and returned to this favourite spot of ours.  There was a nice sunset while I moored up.


I put the dish up and eventually got a satellite signal.  The other good news is that the shower seems to have stopped dripping.  Maybe now the water system is full again, it's sorted itself out.  Whatever's happened, I'm leaving well alone.

2 miles, 0 locks.

1 comment:

Nb Yarwood said...

Those pesky bloggers!!!
Lesley