Thursday 8 March 2012

Stoke on Trent

A visit to Stoke on Trent today for a boat test.  It was a lovely sunny day, and not too cold.  Once the test was done, I made a short detour on the way back, to Etruria Junction.  It was lunchtime, and I wondered whether there might be a cafe at the Etruria Industrial Museum; in fact, the museum is closed until next month.  Still, I had a wonder round the junction, at the top of the Stoke locks.



Back at Rugby, I went to Tesco for food and fuel, then called in to Lime Farm Marina for a couple of bags of coal.  I always find it strange going by car to a place that I've previously only visited by boat: in this case, the driveway to the marina was on the opposite side of the road from what I was expecting, and much longer.  The canal seems fairly busy, with a few boats going by.  Back at Briar Rose, the fire was almost out, but didn't take much effort to get it going again.

No comments: