Monday 28 May 2012

Mostly (but not entirely) working

The alarm went off at 5am, and there was a fantastic view from the front of the boat, with mist on the water and the sun appearing over the hedge.


45 minutes later I was driving out of the marina heading for work.  I arrived back just before 7.30 this evening, with the sun shining, the air still, and the temperature still at 25C.  In short, it was too nice an evening to waste, so I changed into shorts, prepared the boat, and pulled off the pontoon and out of the marina.  I had an audience of the people in the garden and on the balcony of The Navigation Inn next door.


The water was so still there were some lovely reflections.


As I came through Cosgrove Bridge I was amazed to see two boats coming towards me, both Willow Wren hire boats from Rugby.  I slotted into a Briar Rose sized mooring above the lock.  Then another Willow Wren came past, and few minutes later two Union Canal Carriers hire boats from Braunston.

The church bell ringers have been practising since I got here.  This is the view from the side hatch.


1 mile, 0 locks.

No comments: