Friday 8 June 2012

Foxton Locks

Last night was exceptionally windy, so the boat was frequently being rocked about.  This morning wasn't much better when I got in the car and drove up to Foxton Locks, where I was meeting a boat for a boat test.  We're on a tight time schedule, so it had to be done.  Andy the photographer will try to get the photos done over the weekend, when the weather is supposed to be a bit better.

By mid morning I was all done, and went for a walk up the locks.  One boat was coming down, and there were several at the bottom waiting to go up.  Not surprisingly, given the weather, there weren't many gongoozlers about.





I was back at Briar Rose by lunchtime, and spent the afternoon writing up a big chunk of the boat test.  Then I had a go and have a lie down, as a migraine came on, and I could no longer see what I was writing.  It's cleared a bit now, but hasn't gone completely.  I'll try to write the best before I have to go back to work tomorrow night.

No comments: