Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas prep

I came up to the boat this morning, in heavy rain but surprisingly light traffic (except near Oxford, but that's normal).  I'm working over Christmas, and the drive to work is quicker from here than it is from home; Adrian is spending Christmas with his mum.  With a bit of luck, we'll get a few days cruising later in the week.

First stop was the farmhouse where the owners of the marina live, to pick up a card which opens the new electronic gates at the marina entrance.  Once on board, I replaced the shower mixer bar, turned on the water and the electrics, and got the fire alight.  I also put the Eberspacher on for some hot water, and turned a couple of radiators on to help take the chill off.  One nice thing is the boat next door is out, so the outlook is a bit more open than usual.

I had lunch, then while it wasn't raining, went out and turned on the gas, lined up the satellite dish, and for the first time since the repaint put the plank and pole stands back on the roof, in order to get the plank and pole out of the saloon.


 Next it was off to Tesco in Wolverton, for a pre-Christmas shop.  It wasn't quite as manic as I'd feared, and it didn't take long to do the shopping.  The boat was much warmer by the time I got back.  Having unpacked the shopping, I started making the boat look a bit more Christmassy.  I'd brought our cards with me, to fill up the shelves, and I got the battery-powered lights out.



4 comments:

Jo Lodge said...

A very Happy Christmas to you both and all the very best for the New Year from Jo & Keith (Hadar) x

Sue said...

It looks lovely on the boat, far better than my pathetic effort. I must try harder next year!

So a very happy Christmas and New Year to you both, hope you have a great time and we hope to see you again next year sometime..

Neil Corbett said...

It's sad you are spending Christmas alone so perhaps better to be working. Hope you enjoy what you can of it.
Happy Christmas and hopefully a good new year to both of you.
Kath & Neil (nb Herbie)

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Happy Christmas to you both and may the New Year bring you joy, continued good health, and loads of laughter amongst the company of friends and family. The boat looks great!
Jaq and Les
NB Valerie