Thursday 30 May 2013

Work and lunch

It was already light when the alarm went off at 4.30 this morning.  I hoped the water pump and the shower pump didn't wake up the neighbours in the marina.  It was raining as I went to the car, and drove down the M1 to work.

But I still had a boating fix.  I'd arranged to meet Doug and James on Chance in order to take them some oil and air filters they'd asked us to buy for them at the Crick show, so in my lunch break I got on the tube to King's Cross, and found them moored up opposite King's Place, the home of The Guardian.


They'd laid on lunch, which was kind of them (photo nicked from their blog).  All too soon it was time to go back to work.


This evening I had a very slow and frustrating drive back to the marina.  There's work again tomorrow, and I'm not sure whether I'll be coming back here or going home afterwards.  It all depends on whether a boat test goes ahead on Saturday.

No comments: