Saturday 6 July 2013

Victoria Park and Cosgrove

I was on an early shift today, finishing around 3.30.  When I left work, I got the tube out to Bethnal Green, and walked the ten minutes or so to Victoria Park.  I'd arranged to go and see Jayne and Stephen on Dolce Far Niente, who were moored on the Regent's Canal by the park.


We had a very enjoyable couple of hours, going for an ice cream in the park and walking round the boating lake, where every rowing boat was rowed by someone who didn't know what they were doing.  We then returned to Dolce for nibbles before I headed back into central London.

I then drove up to Thrupp Wharf, arriving about 8.15.  I unpacked the car quickly, and as it was such a lovely evening decided to head out of the marina.  My justification was that by far the best way to get some air through the boat would be to open the front doors and set off!  So at 8.30 I headed for Cosgrove in fantastic evening sunshine, hoping there would be a space to moor in.  


There was, just before the bend (in fact, it's a much straighter edge here than I'd thought).  The bow is right above the horse tunnel.  You can just see the bow.



1 mile, 0 locks.

No comments: