Tuesday 29 October 2013

A long day's night

It's been a long few days.  When the clocks changed in the early hours of Sunday, I was working a night shift -- which was consequently an hour longer than usual.  At the end of the next shift, on Monday morning, there were no trains home because of the storm, so I spent the day in a hotel, trying to sleep.  This morning, at the end of my third shift, the trains were running, but barely, and it took ages to get home.

I had a discussion with Andy the photographer about tomorrow's weather forecast, and we've decided to go ahead with the planned boat test.  So early this afternoon I got in the car to head up here to the boat.  Because of the clock change, it wasn't far off dark when I got here.  The boat fest very cold, so I got the fire going and put the Eberspacher on for some hot water (and even turned a couple of radiators on).

Having been up for 24 hours, I'll be in bed very soon.

2 comments:

Neil Corbett said...

You dope, we were in Paddington Basin, we would have offered you a bed! We were expecting Claire and the children but they couldn't make it - cos of the trains being cancelled!!
Kath (nb Herbie)

Adam said...

Kath, I hadn't forgotten you -- and if work hadn't offered to put me up in a hotel I'd have been knocking on your roof!