Thursday 24 October 2013

Cosgrove, a hole, and Crick


This morning was what an autumnal morning should be like: misty, a little bit chilly, but with the sun already making an appearance.  And there was no wind.  I left the mooring at Cosgrove at about 8.15, and travelled the mile back to the marina.  Some of the trees are really turning now, and the views across the valley were great in the mist.
 

With not a breath of breeze, I was able to reverse into our berth without touching the sides.
 
Very soon afterwards I was in the car and on my way to Crick Marina for a boat test.  I went up the A5, and just by the Narrowboat pub at Weedon there was a hole in the road: a manhole had somehow lost its cover.  Fortunately, I missed the hole; others who'd driven over it were strung out over the next couple of hundred yards, five or six cars with flat tyres, and I suspect, damaged wheels.  By the time I came back, there were traffic lights in place and a new manhole was being set into the road.
 
The weather was perfect for the boat test, with sunshine, blue skies, and a few white fluffy clouds.  Bearing in mind the weather over the past few days, and the forecast for the next few, we couldn't have hoped for better.
 
1 mile, 0 locks.  (2 miles, 0 locks)

No comments: