Thursday 7 April 2016

Escaping the marina

For the second time this week, I've come up to the boat after work. Today though it was following an early shift, so the drive was somewhat busier, and I arrived much earlier, at 4.30. While on the M1, I'd come through a hail shower, but when I got to the marina it was bright and dry, if a little breezy. I decided that with the extra daylight and reasonable conditions I'd get out of the marina for the night.

There are signs of Spring everywhere, with hedges beginning to sprout leaves, trees almost ready to show too, and even fields of rape beginning to look yellow.

I haven't come far, just down to a spot I like between Bridge 62 and Bridge 61. There's no-one else anywhere nearby. There's been one sharp shower, but it's now sunny again. Tomorrow, I have a funeral to go to in the afternoon in Cambridgeshire, so I'll head back to the marina via Baxter's as we're down to our last few bits of coal, and it can still be pretty chilly.

1 mile, 0 locks.

 

No comments: