Wednesday 30 August 2017

North West Passage: Day 5

A non-moving day today, moored just across from the old hat factory. I've been asleep betweem night shifts, and Adrian went off to London this morning -- I saw him briefly on the opposite platform of Atherstone Station when my train arrived at about 9am.

My journey to London last night was a disaster. An exploding e-cigarette closed Euston Station for most of the evening, meaning my train was first delayed and then cancelled. At one point I was stranded at Northampton with no trains going anywhere, and a group of us got in a cab to Wellingborough to get the last train from there to St Pancras. The whole exercise took five hours door to door. Hopefully tonight's journey will be pain free.

1 comment:

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Exploding e-gigarette closing a station is more serious than spontaneously exploding pyrex bowl in cupboard (see my blog) - you win on severity of disruption!

Your NW Passage trip sounds very full on, in spite of non-moving days given they are filled with work! We, on the other hand are at Tixall Wide with Jaq and have 5 weeks to get back to Debdale ...

M&Dxx